How about buying and redeeming Bitcoin with only vouchers? For as little as $5 in over 190 countries? They are easy to use, like a gift card or a top-up voucher for your phone. Does this sound like an interesting option to you?
Well, let’s find out how Azteco is offering Bitcoin vouchers since 2014.
What Are Azteco Vouchers?
So, I described the Azteco voucher already in a nutshell in my intro. You can buy the vouchers for as little as $5 in stores around the world. Currently, that network covers 190 countries. The max voucher value is $1,000. You can pay for the vouchers in fiat. Either by cash, card, or bank transfer. Buy online or, in some countries, also in retail stores.
Azteco bitcoin vouchers are now available on @Tillohq, the leading platform for rewards and loyalty programs.
“Tillo’s rewards and loyalty platform connects 2,000 of the world’s most popular brands with more than 100 different partners. Azteco’s bitcoin vouchers fit perfectly… pic.twitter.com/fxIgluBvl7
— Azteco (@Azteco_) September 12, 2023
Once you purchase a voucher, you can redeem it for bitcoin. You can do this within a minute. As a bonus, there’s no need to create an account or anything like that. The only thing you need is a Bitcoin wallet.
So, once you redeem your voucher, you can immediately spend your Bitcoin. For example, you can hold it, send it to family or friends, or pay a bill with it. At the same time, you will also always know the commission. The retailers will have this listed on the voucher. Azteco offers two different types of vouchers:
- Lightning voucher – This works on the Bitcoin Lightning Network. That’s like a layer 2 payment solution built on top of Bitcoin. This network offers fast and cheap transactions (less than a few cents). In contrast to Bitcoin transactions, which are slow and can be expensive. However, you need to confirm that your BTC wallet supports the Lightning Network.
- On-chain voucher – This uses the main Bitcoin network. Transaction can take several minutes. However, the transaction costs are usually a couple of dollars.
The exchange rate for your voucher is always the market value of Bitcoin. In other words, you will always receive the value of the Bitcoin amount on your voucher. See a voucher sample in the picture below. Here is an example:
Source: Azteco website
Where to Buy Azteco Vouchers?
You can buy Azteco vouchers in six countries. As it happens to be, these are all South or Central American countries. What’s in a name, Azteco, right? These countries are, for example,
- Costa Rica.
In these six countries, you can use local payment methods. For example, you can use cash in over 3,000 locations in Costa Rica. On the other hand, Perú has over 90,000 locations. The other four countries have between 35,000 and 52,000 locations. All six countries also offer online bank transfers.
Also, Azteco approved four online stores. Here you can buy the vouchers in 190 countries worldwide, online. These are the four stores:
So, Azteco is truly banking the unbanked around the world.
🧾📸 🔐 Guess what’s cooking in our public Beta of the Envoy mobile app? @Azteco_ voucher scanning feature. Another way to receive those sweet “No KYC” sats directly into Envoy or Passport accounts. 😎 pic.twitter.com/AVHG9MlLbi
— FOUNDATION (@FOUNDATIONdvcs) July 3, 2023
Suggested Bitcoin Wallets by Azteco
Azteco suggests only two different Bitcoin wallets on their website. These are the Muun and Wallet of Satoshi options. Both are available on iOS and Android. They are also both free to download. Furthermore, they are compatible with the Lightning Network and on-chain vouchers.
- Muun is a self-custody wallet. This means that you are controlling the private keys. You need to set up a recovery phrase. In case you lose your wallet. For example, losing your phone or your computer crashes. This recovery phrase provides you with access to your wallet. So, don’t share this recovery phrase with anybody else. Make a backup and store it in a safe location.
- The Wallet of Satoshi is a custodial wallet. This means that the wallet stores your Bitcoin on a central server. The wallet developer controls these servers. In other words, the developers and all employees have access to your private keys. You can always retrieve your secret phrase from the wallet provider. They have this stored on their central servers.
We looked at a way you can buy Bitcoin vouchers for as little as $5. So, Azteco is a popular platform in South and Central American countries. They have close to 300,000 outlets in six countries there. However, they also have four approved online sellers for their vouchers. This network covers 190 countries around the world.
– For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
– Unlock the key to managing your crypto portfolio like a PRO! Our top analysts bring you exclusive insights and the latest updates on cryptocurrency trading. Join Altcoin Buzz Alpha on Youtube or Patreon for just $15/month!
The information discussed by Altcoin Buzz is not financial advice. This is for educational, entertainment and informational purposes only. Any information or strategies are thoughts and opinions relevant to accepted levels of risk tolerance of the writer/reviewers, and their risk tolerance may be different from yours.
We are not responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of any investments directly or indirectly related to the information provided. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are high-risk investments, so please do your due diligence.
Copyright Altcoin Buzz Pte Ltd.