OKX has joined the growing number of digital asset trading platforms partnering with prominent representatives of the sports industry. The company has collaborated with Manchester City and has become the team’s Official Cryptocurrency Exchange Partner.
- Forbes broke the news first earlier on March 4, indicating that the reigning Premier League champions will display the exchange’s logo inside its home ground – Etihad Stadium – and the Academy Stadium.
- The subsequent press release shared with CryptoPotato shed more light on the deal, which is OKX’s first venture into the world of sport and entertainment.
- The partnership will also “span Manchester City men’s and women’s teams, in addition to the club’s esports operations.”
“We are pleased to welcome OKX as an Official Partner of Manchester City today as they took to venture into the world of sports. The new partnership aligns with our shared values of innovation, drive for success, and being at the cutting edge of our respective industries. Their broad and inclusive approach to targeting diverse audiences resonates with our approach.” – commented COO of City Football Group, Roel De Vries.
- As of now, though, there’s no information on the deal’s value; it’s only known that it will be a “multi-year” partnership.
- The team recently announced plans to build a replica of its Etihad Stadium in the Metaverse through a partnership with Sony Corporation.
- With this sports collaboration, OKX has joined other crypto exchanges that made similar moves recently.
- CryptoCom is among the leaders, having worked with LA Lakers’ LeBron James and purchasing the naming rights for the club’s home court, now known as Crypto.com Arena.
- FTX signed a $10 million deal to sponsor the Golden State Warriors, while the team’s superstar – Steph Curry – became the exchange’s ambassador and shareholder earlier.
Written by: Jordan Lyanchev